The ACC supports students in a variety of ways. Students are offered lower registration rates. The ACC also coordinates a conference-wide Student Best Paper Award and provides Student Travel Grants.
Student Best Paper Award
The Vice Chair for Student Affairs is pleased to announce the finalists for the Student Best Paper Award:
“On the Use of Difference of Log-Sum-Exp Neural Networks to Solve Data-Driven Model Predictive Control Tracking Problems.” Sven Brüggemann, Corrado Possieri
“Escaping Spurious Local Minimum Trajectories In Online Time-varying Nonconvex Optimization.” Yuhao Ding, Javad Lavaei, Murat Arcak
“Data-driven Approximation of Koopman-Invariant Subspaces with Tunable Accuracy.” Masih Haseli, Jorge Cortes
“Tube-based robust MPC with adjustable uncertainty sets using zonotopes”, Vignesh Raghuraman, Justin Koeln
“Stability and Control of Biomolecular Circuits through Structure.” Fangzhou Xiao, Mustafa H. Khammash, John C. Doyle
The finalists will present their nominated papers in a special session for the Student Best Paper Awards with the winner presented at the AACC Awards Ceremony at the conference.
Student Registration Support
Student Registration Support Instructions
Submission of requests for student registration awards have opened. There are two options for registration awards, which are described below.
The application process uses the same google form, which can be found here.
The deadline for the student registration application is April 30, 2021. Applicants will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
Traditional Student Registration Support – Requirements:
- must have been a student during the initial paper or poster submission
- the award will cover the cost of one advance student registration (please do not register before receiving notice about the award). Note that it will not cover a full registration (if you are a student and are paying a full registration in order to upload papers, you are not eligible to receive this registration support)
- Applicants to the student registration support grant are not required to present a poster or paper at ACC
Non-Traditional Student Registration Support
- must be a student
- must meet criteria for diversity: e.g. underrepresented minority, person with disability, veteran, first generation student, or other
- do not need to be presenting a poster or paper at the conference
- the award will cover the cost of one advance student registration (please do not register before receiving notice about the award)
Other options (including event sponsorship) are also available. To explore participation as an ACC 2021 sponsor and exhibitor, please contact: